Sunday, January 30, 2011

Most of us are somewhere between confused or overwhelmed as we dip our toes into the world of social networking and its impact on the world of Jewish education. Its clear that facebook and blogging and twitter each have a great deal to offer us, if we can just get past our fear and anxiety: smart people like to feel smart - technology sometimes feels smarter than we are and harder to navigate. I've gotten over the worry that I might break the computer if I hit the wrong tab or key, but my level of frustration rises quickly when I can't easily understand (let alone master!) something that is so intuitive for others.
Still, I'm readying myself to plunge in: I recognize a need to start to become fluent in this world where so many of the families I work with live.
Among the many things that are still unclear to me - which of these social networking tools should I prioritize? How to choose where I should start?

No comments:

Post a Comment